Related Legends Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Unite

Let the children of different gods all unite! We are one, and we are related! Credit to Peggy Carter for the site banner and icons!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

just pick c

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daddy
Daddy

just pick c Empty
PostSubject: just pick c   just pick c Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 9:05 pm

EMMETT

Another day, another dollar. Not really. You don't get paid to go to college, actually it's the exact opposite that happens. Except in sunshiney New Rome University, where you only work your ass off to pay for books. Emmett knew that pain. So much that he forgot to study for the test he had today. He was at his...job until about four in the morning, which was why he had dark circles beneath his eyes and a venti espresso from Caffeina's in front of him. His pencil tapped against the Scantron as he stared incomprehensibly at the booklet on some sciencey stuff (he was so sleepy that he forgot what class this even was) he didn't remember learning. The question was too lengthy to focus fully on anyway. It was too hot in the lecture hall. The unending sound of pencils scooting across paper was too annoying.

At this point, Emmett was just making excuses. His eyes darted forward, then to his left, then to his right. He turned his head slightly and - there she was.

"Psst!" He tried to whisper as quietly as possible without the professor catching on. "Scarlett!

Back to top Go down

just pick c Empty
PostSubject: Re: just pick c   just pick c Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 3:49 pm

In the row ahead of Emmett sat Scarlett Darzi, who was a quarter way through her test and was already panicked. It's not like she didn't study, she always studies, just tests make her anxious. Every so often she would unbraid and then braid her hair again as a nervous tick. She needed to focus so she could finish the multiple choice, leave the class, and still have time to spare for getting coffee with Sammy afterwards. But there was small problem in her way: the little noises that were coming from Emmett behind her. She tried with every bone in her body to ignore him, fighting any urges she had to turn and talk. Scarlett just had to keep the idea of finishing fast in the front of her mind. "Leave me alone." She hissed. So no, she wasn't completely ignoring him, could she ever?.

Back to top Go down
Daddy
Daddy

just pick c Empty
PostSubject: Re: just pick c   just pick c Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 5:23 pm

E. Schiller
E
mmett smirked. Sure, it was a test. A really big test. And he wanted to pass, and knew Scarlett wanteed to pass as well. But he needed help as soon as possible and Scarlett was his beacon of light right now. She was always his beacon of light she's perfection in a 5-foot-4-inch package. He wasn't going to say that any time soon. He was just fine with admiring her from afar and slightly pissing her off. Yes, he could be playful. His friends knew that. All two of them. "Scarlett!" He called again even after she told him to leave her alone. "Is 83 b or d?" Another thing: whispering things to people and getting them to understand you while having a thick German accent is very difficult.
ooc: shooort
22 — mars — college student — ringmaster
Back to top Go down

just pick c Empty
PostSubject: Re: just pick c   just pick c Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 9:01 pm

Cheating was not Scarlett's thing. There was no way she would be caught even helping someone in this class. She has been scared shitless after middle and high school teachers sketched it into her brain that she would be kicked out of college for that. "Emmett." Her whisper increased intensity after her eyes darted towards the sleeping professor as she slowly turned to face the man, "Did you even study for this?" She asked, her pencil dancing around her lips.  .

Back to top Go down
Daddy
Daddy

just pick c Empty
PostSubject: Re: just pick c   just pick c Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 9:12 am

E. Schiller
"Y
es I studied for this!" Emmett responded with an overexagerated nod. Who did she think he was? He studied his ass off, but just so happened to forget things. "I was working. Just -" His voice quieted when the professor grunted in his sleep and scratched his nose. Emmett waited a few minutes before lowering back to an even quieter whisper. "Just this once. I'll even pay you! One sec." He got an idea then, ruffling around in his backpack until he found a universal currency. Emmett looked around to be sure that no one was paying too much attention to them (there was someone giving him a look, but he didn't care because he's who he is), then he lightly threw the package of Dora the Explorer fruit snacks at the back of her head. "Try these."
Back to top Go down

just pick c Empty
PostSubject: Re: just pick c   just pick c Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 9:51 pm

Scarlett had a hard time refusing the gummies. She didn't understand why she was even enticed by them, it was just every time that Emmett would bring them out she would melt.

Scarlett quickly grabbed one of the packs and swiftly opened it. "Take a guess you have a 25% chance." Scarlett grinne as she turned back to her seat, popping a gummy in her mouth.

Back to top Go down
Daddy
Daddy

just pick c Empty
PostSubject: Re: just pick c   just pick c Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 8:44 am

E. Schiller
N
o she didn't. No she didn't just play Emmett like that and take his last pack of Dora gummies without helping him out. Nonetheless, he found himself smiling in his puppy-dog way. He didn't know what made his metal heart beat more, the fact that she fooled him or the fact that she caught the pack of fruit snacks without even blinking. He wasn't going to let her get away with this though. He glanced at the clock and saw that there was only fifteen minutes left. At this point he decided to go to the back of the packet and answer them backwards (it was how he thought, so why not give it a go with test-taking skills?) until he was back at the question that stumped him. The bell rang in the middle of him rereading it, so he just filled in the circle for "c" and dreaded the score he would receive. After setting it down on the drowsy teacher's desk, Em hurried up and stepped in front of Scarlett to block her exit. "I'm hope you feel proud because I think I failed. And now I will be homeless." He told her knowingly, his face somewhere between playful and concerned. "...And this is the part where you accept my offer to take you for lunch out of pity for me." This time, he had a hopeful smirk.
Back to top Go down

just pick c Empty
PostSubject: Re: just pick c   just pick c Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 7:42 pm

"Em, I'm sure you'll find a very  comfortable cardboard box," She informed him as they walked. Her skirt moved with the small breeze and her eyes followed the pattern the ripples I the skirt made until Emmett asked a rather unusual question. They haven't gone out by themselves before. They would go out with his group of friends to restaurants and coffee houses, but never just the two of them.
"What are you trying to get at?" She asked. Of course she would love to go out to lunch with him, more than she would like to admit, but there was a wall in front of her emotionally that wouldn't let her easily say yes.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

just pick c Empty
PostSubject: Re: just pick c   just pick c Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

just pick c
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Related Legends Unite :: Camp Jupiter :: New Rome University :: Classrooms-
Jump to: