Related Legends Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Unite

Let the children of different gods all unite! We are one, and we are related! Credit to Peggy Carter for the site banner and icons!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bounty Hunters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Peggy Carter
Admin
Peggy Carter

Bounty Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Bounty Hunters   Bounty Hunters Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 11:22 pm

Ora Solomon

Ora Solomon was born in Israel, before moving to Cairo, Egypt when she was three. Her parents both work in the House of Life as very important magicians. Ora is doing her best to continue the Solomon legacy.

Ora is the official/unofficial leader of the bounty hunter group. After all, she's the one that got them the job at the House of Life. She specializes in combat magic, something very useful in the field. She has an analytical mind, which makes her the group’s problem solver.

Recently Ora left the group to pursue bounty hunting by herself.

Elle Brandt

Elle Brandt comes from a long line of German magicians. When she was 18 she moved away from the magic world and focused on the mortal one, becoming a white hat hacker. A few years ago she was pulled into the bounty hunter’s group on the promise that she would get to be a part of a team.

Elle is the finder of the group. She uses technology, rather than magic, to track down their subjects. Elle values friendship greatly, but is very slow to trust. Despite her need for friendship, she will do what it takes to keep herself alive. She enjoys being part of the group as long as she gets to stay out of danger.

Gabriel Walker

Gabriel Walker is the only group member from North America. He was born in Vancouver, Canada and grew up in the local magician house. Gabe moved to Cairo to pursue the better jobs in the House of Life.

Gabe is highly trained in combat magic, although finds that he never needs to use it because Ora always gets there first. He still prides himself on being the groups physical and emotional support. He’s trained himself in healing magic and has basically become the group’s mom. Gabe is very trusting and is always willing to help. He’s the groups go to for pop culture knowledge.

Matteo Pagani

Matteo Pagani grew up on an Italian island in the Mediterranean. His whole family are jewelers, which is why Matteo is so skilled at charm making. Living in a popular tourist area gave Matteo the skills to know many languages, as well as become quite the con man.

Matteo values the finer things in life. His default wear is business casual. He is very persuasive and charming. He is often used when the group needs to charm their way past someone.

About

When Ora Solomon and her group of magical bounty hunters receive a visit from Set, they’re forced to take on the hardest case they’ve seen. They have three weeks to track down a runaway demigod with powerful magic and endless willpower. If they fail, one of them dies.

Ora, Elle, Gabe, and Matteo race against time to return the demigod to his father. Meanwhile loyalties are tested, secrets are revealed, and they have to face the possibility of losing one of their own.  
Back to top Go down
Peggy Carter
Admin
Peggy Carter

Bounty Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty Hunters   Bounty Hunters Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 11:27 pm

Chapter One

There would come a day that Ora Solomon would arrive on time. That day was not today. As she raced through the streets of Cairo with her dark brown curls flying behind her, she wondered if using up the last of her daily magic to teleport into the House of Life would be worth it. However she was late already, so any use of magic would seem wasteful.

She made a quick turn down a narrow alley way, where the tall buildings seemed to lean in on each other. On the left side, there was an old wooden door which, although it looked brittle and rackety, would not budge unless the right spell was enacted. Ora made a lifting movement with her hand, and a golden hieroglyph appeared on the door, illuminating her tan skin.

The House of Life was the center of all egyptian magic in the world. Every nome, house, and center of magic answered to them. Although the House of Life was not all-seeing, they still were in charge of dealing with every crime a magician committed. The House of Life’s law enforcement division was vast, with enough personnel to occupy two skyscrapers. There was a sub division for every magical crime imaginable and then some. From petty theft, to unbreakable curses, they handled it all.

Ora found her home in a special subdepartment. For every crime there was a criminal, and for most criminals, there was often a fugitive. She dealt with runaway magicians, who had the power and will to disappear forever. But she was good. Specially trained and years of experience. She was the best in the business. Which is why being late was usually no big deal. This time, however, was different.

When she threw open the door to the head of the department’s office, she found him waiting for her, with a very cross expression on his face. Omar Kalil leaned against his desk, staring down Ora in intense frustration. He was a rounder man, who enjoyed wearing pinstriped suits and playing golf in Scotland on the weekends.

“Would you like to explain?” He asked, in all the manner that a school teacher would use when their class was too rowdy.

“When have I ever needed an explanation before?” She shot back.

“In the past six months your casework has gotten extremely shoddy. You show up late to everything, you take twice the amount of time to bring the subject in, and when you do he’s always half dead!”

“I bring him in, that’s the important part.”

“Not to my superiors.”

“All your superiors care about is their next paycheck.”

Omar stared at her silently, before responding, “You never should have left your team.”

“My team and I didn’t see eye to eye. What’s done is done.”

“Well until you get a new one, you won’t be getting any more cases.” He turned around and shooed her away. Ora opened her mouth to argue, but decided against it. She turned on her heel and walked out the door.

In another part of Cairo, three magicians were gathered in a dusty loft. 90’s american pop classics filled the air. Elle Brandt sat at a rickety old desk, hunched over her computer. Elle was born to chinese-german parents in a small town on the outskirts of Berlin. What she lacked in magic, she made up for in practical skills like hacking, and pickpocketing.

“Gabe,” She called, her german accent was still as strong as the day she left home, “Could you turn down that music? It’s giving me a headache.”

Gabriel Walker stopped his rep of pushups to stare at Elle. He had deep brown skin, kind eyes, and a grin that looked like he had just seen the best thing in the world. Gabe was from Vancouver, Canada, and he came from a long line of magicians. He was skilled in combat magic, although he prefered healing magic, because “if you need to fight someone, you can always use your fists, but when it comes to healing there won’t always be a hospital around the corner”

“Music? Elle, this is N’sync. The best band of the century -no- the millenia.” He stared at Elle like he was ready to fight her on this if necessary.

“Both of you, stop talking.” An italian voice rang throughout the loft, “I’m putting the finishing touches on my new charm.”

Within seconds, an italian man who looked like he belonged on the cover of Vogue, appeared at the doorway. His hand clutched the golden chain of an amulet, swinging back and forth, the sun gleaming off it’s green gem.

“Look at it,” He said proudly, “Isn’t it magnificent?”

Matteo Pagiani was Italy’s best charm maker. Of course, that was according to Matteo. His everyday wear comprised of buisness suits and italian shoes, and nobody was quite sure where he got the money to afford it.

“What’s it do?” Gabe asked, and Matteo smiled.

“Watch.” He replied, but before he could press the green gem, there was a pounding at the door.

“Guys,” A woman with an Egyptian accent called, “I know you’re in there, I can smell Matteo’s colonge.”

The three magicians automatically knew who it was. They glanced nervously at each other, silently debating whether it would just be easier to run out by the fire escape. But Ora was quick, and any attempt at running would result in their capture. So, Matteo straightened his jacket, and went to open the door.

Matteo flung the door open, putting on a face of cheer, and replied, “Ora, how good it is to see you!” But the small woman only pushed past him and made her way into the loft.

“Why are you here?” Gabe asked her.

Ora looked at each of them in turn, struggling to find the words.

“Because I-uh, well, I made a mistake. And I want to fix that mistake. I think that we made a really great team and that, uh, we should give it another go.”

The other’s didn’t look very convinced.

“You left us,” Elle shot back, “For whatever reason you had. You told us that you wouldn’t leave any of us behind. And then you left.” Elle turned away, refusing to look at Ora.

“Look,” Ora replied, “I was wrong, this is me apologizing. I thought I could do it alone, that for some reason it would be safer that way. It wasn’t. Don’t act like we didn’t make a good team. Besides, if we team up again we’ll get more cases.”

Gabe, Elle, and Matteo looked at each other.

“Give us a minute,” Matteo said, and the three of them walked upstairs to the unused bedroom, where they talked in hushed whispers so that Ora could not hear their voices carry down.

“She left us,” Elle repeated, something that she said often when it came to Ora. “No warning, not so much as a goodbye. Besides, she never mentioned what was in it for her.”

Gabe shook his head, “I don’t know, I think we ought to give her a chance. I mean, we’ve just been sitting around here for months. Elle, even you mentioned that the cases we were taking on were no good. Ora is our way into the House of Life.”

“I agree,” Matteo said, “We don’t have to do it for Ora, we could just be in it for the money. Maybe we could talk around with the case managers there, see if we could break away and get our own payroll.”

“It’s up to you Elle,” Gabe said, “We won’t do it if you don’t want to.”

Elle pursed her lips, she didn’t want a repeat situation where she was left in the dust. Yet maybe second chances were in order.

“Okay, we’ll give her a chance.”

The three of them walked over to the railing of the loft, looking down at Ora.

“Fine, we’re a team again.”

Before anyone could say anything further, smoke began to fill the loft, and the sky outside began to dim. In the center of the room, a large volume of smoke began to clear, revealing a tall man that was built like a bodybuilder. His tan muscles seemed to rip at the fabric of his shirt in an overexaggerated way. He seemed like a man that would show up in a trashy romance novel.

“Well it seems the band is back together, isn’t it?”

Back to top Go down

Bounty Hunters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Related Legends Unite :: Out of Character (OOC) Talk :: Out of Character (OOC) Talk :: Stories-
Jump to: