Related Legends Unite

Let the children of different gods all unite! We are one, and we are related! Credit to Peggy Carter for the site banner and icons!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

welcome home

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Peggy Carter
Admin

PostSubject: welcome home   Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:50 am

December 18th, 2011
It had been 395 days since Xia Wu had been inside her dusty old mechanic shop. Entering it now, it was safe to say it was even dustier. Four years prior she had bought this shop for little to nothing, promising Elder Kun that she would take good care of it. She ran it for a year, and then decided to make the biggest decision of her 19 year old life, she joined the marines. Now she was 23 and left the service as a First Lieutenant and a tour in Afghanistan under her belt. It was hard to tell that the 5'6" woman dressed in dark jeans and a denim jacket was a war vet. That was a good thing, she supposed, since she wanted to make her transition back into regular life as normal as possible.

Xia dropped her bag at the base of the staircase that led up into the flat that she and kevin shared. Instead she chose to look around at her all too dusty workshop.
"I can probably get this place back in shape by Friday." She noted, pulling tarps off of her workbenches and looking around for her broom, "Sunday at the latest. I think the lights on the sign out front need to be replaced, but that shouldn't take too long." She was barely home for five minutes and she was already ready to get back to work.

ooc: this is way longer than i intended

chloe archer- wadjet
devin lawless- set
emily friedman- serket
leah howard- hathor
ruth palmer- isis
sylvie larson- anat

ROMANS
bea grantham- vertumnus
freja eklund- jupiter
hero grantham- vertumnus
jena zaman- pax
kara peña - legacy of cupid and mercury
paige evans- legacy of veritas and venus
roz miller- mars
sage weber- pomona
sammy koenig - legacy of latona and summanus

AZTECS
alexa vendez- legacy of mixcoatl and xochiquetzal
maggie hernandez- tlacloc / middles tribe leader
margot zhang- tepeyollotl

CHINESE
ava huang- lu-pan
xia wang- i-ti

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daddy

PostSubject: Re: welcome home   Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:41 pm

Kevin had been smiling like an idiot ever since Xia first stepped out of the bus. He'd been through the crying, and the hugging, and the kissing, and everything else that came with not seeing his fiancee for a year and a month. Now he just took a step back and watched as she readjusted to her life back at camp. It was heartwarming to the fact that it nearly physically pained him; he wanted to clean up the shop and make it special again just for her. She deserved it after all, she was a hero.

The time she was away was all spent inside of his cave. He didn't leave once, and sometimes would forget to eat if it weren't for the occasional generous person that would travel to him with food. It was a really dark time for him, with and without his visions adding to his grim time. Saying this, he had noticeably lost a lot of weight by the time Xia finally did return, and when she did it was like his world had lit up again. It sounded cheesy, but seeing her walk down those stairs made him remember why he wanted to marry her, and thankful that she had said yes. He loved her more than anything. "When you first left, I tried to maintain it a little bit. Then I realized that I know absolutely nothing about cars..." Kevin laughed quietly, the first time he had laughed since she left. "Why don't you relax for a while? You just got home. I'll make you some tea."

//Adan|SeshatRoman|BesSinbad|SetMalecai|ThothAspen|IsisPatience|HorusYuvian|HathorGizmo|Khonsu//
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peggy Carter
Admin

PostSubject: Re: welcome home   Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:33 am

Xia laughed at the image of Kevin trying to fix one of the cars that she had in the shop. Now there was only one car, a 1966 VW beetle, which was hers. She had bought it for a steal when she was 17, mainly because it didn't even run at the time. She'd been slowly restoring it over the years, and it still needed a coat of paint and interior work but it ran pretty well.

"Kevin, I was on a boat doing nothing for a week and then a ridiculously long flight, relaxing is the last thing I want to do." She ran a hand through her hair, "I need to get this shop running so I can bring in a stable income and there's a wedding in four months that we will be attending." Maybe it was a bad idea for them to set the wedding date so close to Xia's homecoming, but it was too late to change the date. She could do it. They could do it.

chloe archer- wadjet
devin lawless- set
emily friedman- serket
leah howard- hathor
ruth palmer- isis
sylvie larson- anat

ROMANS
bea grantham- vertumnus
freja eklund- jupiter
hero grantham- vertumnus
jena zaman- pax
roz miller- mars
sage weber- pomona

AZTECS

CHINESE
ava huang- lu-pan
xia wang- i-ti

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daddy

PostSubject: Re: welcome home   Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:30 pm

"Hey, it's not that funny." Kevin laughed, knowing that the thought of him even getting near a car was funny enough. He'd rather stick to simpler things, like cooking and cleaning the cave and shop. There was a reason he liked sleeping in is cave than in here, and the cars were that reason. That, and whenever he came here when Xia wasn't, he was rush with the overwhelming sense of nostalgia. He couldn't wait to see Xia with her car again. He couldn't wait to see her face light up.

"But it's your first day back," He sighed almost over-exaggeratedly. "And I understand the wedding and the income and everything, but what if you collapse from exhaustion? What if you fall asleep beneath a car?" Kevin was over-exaggerating again, but it was for a good cause. "You have about 105 other days to work yourself to death., Xia."

//Adan|SeshatRoman|BesSinbad|SetMalecai|ThothAspen|IsisPatience|HorusYuvian|HathorGizmo|Khonsu//
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peggy Carter
Admin

PostSubject: Re: welcome home   Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:01 pm

Xia smiled fondly at Kevin. There was something about finally being able to see him, in person instead of once a month on a grainy video call. It had been a year since they had been together. And for a moment she wondered if he had wanted this moment to come even more than she did. She looked around the dusty garage and decided that it could wait another day. Kevin couldn't.

"I guess I could wait till tomorrow." She gave another glance around the area before her eyes landed on an old radio that sat on a workbench. That gave her an idea. "But we do have to do one thing for the wedding, and it can't wait." She walked to the radio, flipping it on and turning it to a station that was playing a slow song that reminded her of rainy days. She returned to Kevin with her hands outstretched, "C'mon lets move those feet."

chloe archer- wadjet
devin lawless- set
emily friedman- serket
leah howard- hathor
ruth palmer- isis
sylvie larson- anat

ROMANS
bea grantham- vertumnus
freja eklund- jupiter
hero grantham- vertumnus
jena zaman- pax
roz miller- mars
sage weber- pomona

AZTECS

CHINESE
ava huang- lu-pan
xia wang- i-ti

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daddy

PostSubject: Re: welcome home   Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:06 pm

"Yes!" Kevin pumped and fist in the air and clapped once when Xia said that her shop could wait. Now he wouldn't have to worry about her passing out somewhere and giving him a heart attack until tomorrow, which was more than enough time for him to mentally prepare himself. "And what is that?"

He watched in curiosity as she turned on a radio lying around, putting on a nice slow song. He didn't register what was happening at first, thinking maybe she would start singing or breakdancing or something. So when she held her hands out to him, his eyes widened in slight fear. "Oh, uh, Xia. I c-can't dance. Remember? Like...not at all." Even still, he took her hands in his and walked to the middle of the floor. That was literally the only thing he knew how to do without crushing toes. "Maybe we could find me a stunt double or something."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peggy Carter
Admin

PostSubject: Re: welcome home   Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:51 pm

Xia shook her head, "Nope, its got to be you." Xia remembered the first time they danced together. Two awkward 15 year olds with even less coordination or social skills than they had now. Elder Lo was trying to teach them how to dance for some ceremony. Their formal dance ended with Xia's sore feet and Kevin's red face. A week later they decided to preform the Macarena to traditional music. Although their dance greatly amused their friends and some of the parents, Elder Lo and the other teachers at the time decided that they were the anti-christ.

"You can do it, just sway from side to side, it's simple dancing."

chloe archer- wadjet
devin lawless- set
emily friedman- serket
leah howard- hathor
ruth palmer- isis
sylvie larson- anat

ROMANS
bea grantham- vertumnus
freja eklund- jupiter
hero grantham- vertumnus
jena zaman- pax
roz miller- mars
sage weber- pomona

AZTECS

CHINESE
ava huang- lu-pan
xia wang- i-ti

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daddy

PostSubject: Re: welcome home   Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:10 am

"My dad might even be willing. He won't know what you're saying, but he'd be up for it." Kevin had mixed emotions, but the ones most prominent were enthusiasm, pride, and slight panic. He, too, remembered the first time dancing with Xia. He kept stepping on her feet and moving to a rhythm that was too fast or too slow for the music. It was a disaster. In fact, Kevin's face now was just as red as it was was back then. He stood completely still so he didn't crush Xia with his two left feet. Gods, that we be even more embarrassing than the way he asked her out on their first date. It included a boombox and the greatest love song of 2005.

"Right, right. Side to side." Kevin repeated, more so to himself. He listened to the music a bit before slowly rocking to it. This wasn't so bad, right? He was a pro at this.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peggy Carter
Admin

PostSubject: Re: welcome home   Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:37 am

[/center]

Xia smiled a little too wide. Like, there are rare moments when she looks this happy. "Yeah, there you go." She said softly, "Alright, here's where it gets complicated." Xia clasped Kevins hand and held it up, and twirled under it. It was super simple stuff.

chloe archer- wadjet
devin lawless- set
emily friedman- serket
leah howard- hathor
ruth palmer- isis
sylvie larson- anat

ROMANS
bea grantham- vertumnus
freja eklund- jupiter
hero grantham- vertumnus
jena zaman- pax