Related Legends Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Unite

Let the children of different gods all unite! We are one, and we are related! Credit to Peggy Carter for the site banner and icons!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

a little problem

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Peggy Carter
Admin
Peggy Carter

a little problem Empty
PostSubject: a little problem   a little problem Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2015 2:01 am

a little problem Tumblr_inline_nq25dlYwM01tt7y6z_500

Xia was on the couch with a bowl of half ice cream balanced on her pregnant stomach. In the hand that didn't hold a spoon she had a technical manual for some blender or something. The only reason she was reading it is because it was within reach and the process of standing up was really hard for her now. She was staring at a diagram of how to put the blender together when she felt it. A sharp agonizing pain coming from the exact location her unborn child was. God dammit they were early or something.
"KEVIN." Xia yelled, trying to calmly move the bowl of icecream of her belly, "THERE'S A LITTLE PROBLEM"
Back to top Go down
Daddy
Daddy

a little problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: a little problem   a little problem Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2015 2:38 am

a little problem Tumblr_nxbyyik0Ja1ukbw79o1_250

Kevin sat at the foot of his and Xia's bed with his laptop, his fingers typing away on Google. He needed a quick way to get rid of leeches...it's a long story that you wouldn't understand because, unlike Kevin, you can't see the future and the problems he would have to face in a few days. He was so preoccupied that he didn't really have an attentive response to Xia. "Just a second, tianxin." Then he registered the urgency in her voice and went rushing into the living room.

"What? What's wrong? Are we out of ice cream?"
Kevin asked as he walked swiftly to her side. He placed a hand on her forehead to check her temperature, froze, then shouted.
Back to top Go down
Peggy Carter
Admin
Peggy Carter

a little problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: a little problem   a little problem Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2015 2:44 am

Xia tried to breathe through the pain, and it worked for a moment, before another contraction hit. "IS THIS NORMAL?" She half asked half yelled to her other half, who was also yelling. It was a stressful moment. As far as she could tell her water hadn't broke, I mean you're supposed to notice when that happens. God, she wasn't ready for this. She still hadn't read a parenting book yet. More importantly, she was only six months in. Babies cannot survive three months premature she knew that. Oh, god.
Back to top Go down
Daddy
Daddy

a little problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: a little problem   a little problem Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 10:47 pm

"U-UH!" Kevin shouted, which wasn't very helpful because stuttered confusion is not a very good answer. He tried to think back to something he read when they first found out the they were pregnant, and not very much information came up. He tried to think back to what his mom had told him over the phone. He began to calm down - or at least try to - because panicked frenzies are never good for potential deliveries. He checked to see if her water had broken. It had not. "I...HAVE NO IDEA!"

He moved his hand from her forehead and to her belly to see if he could understand what was going on in there. Not a vision came, but he did feel a bit calmer. "Yep! We're offline, Cap! I should call somebody, I'm not prepared for this!"
Back to top Go down
Peggy Carter
Admin
Peggy Carter

a little problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: a little problem   a little problem Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 10:59 pm

"YOU'RE THE ONE THAT READ ALL OF THE PARENTING BOOKS GO CONSULT THEM." Her shouting turned into a muffled scream as she felt another contraction. She was never having another kid. One was enough. Pregnancy sucked. God, now she just wanted to cry.

"Kevin," She breathed, "I love you and shit but I'm in a lot of pain here so whatever I say I just want you to know that I don't mean it."
Back to top Go down
Daddy
Daddy

a little problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: a little problem   a little problem Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 11:17 pm

"I KNOW I DID. DON'T YELL AT ME!" He yelled back at her almost immediately. It wasn't like he was upset, Kevin's never upset. His palms were just sweaty and Xia was scary when she yelled. He scampered off toward their bedroom and returned with the three parenting books that he had memorized and forgotten all in a matter of minutes.

"Yeah, yeah, I know, I know!" Kevin mumbled as he flipped through the pages while again, not really registering her words. When he did he looked up and smiled. "Awww, that's so sweet! I love you, too, honey." He sat there for a minute before remembering that he had some researching to do. "Right here! Chapter Six - oh, for six months. That's very clever - Okay, it says that yes, these are normal. They're called Braxton Hicks Contractions and it's thinning out...what the hell is a 'cervix', is that a type of medicine?"
Back to top Go down
Peggy Carter
Admin
Peggy Carter

a little problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: a little problem   a little problem Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 11:29 pm

"So they're fake?" Xia clarified, "Jesus, I hate pregnancy." Seriously why was it so painful? Why did she have to go through this. "Kevin you need to go to sex ed classes again." She stated.

On the bright side the baby wasn't coming, because that would've been a nightmare. They still had to finish the nursery. And pick out names. And her mother really wanted to be there for the birth.

The fact that they were fake contractions didn't stop them from being painful though, because she held back a scream as another contraction hit her. "Kevin can you just hold my hand or something. I could really use some comforting."
Back to top Go down
Daddy
Daddy

a little problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: a little problem   a little problem Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 5:15 pm

"Ohthankgodthey'refake." Kevin sighed in a long string of words. He didn't know what he would do if he had to deliver the baby. He wasn't prepared for this. He sat down in front of the couch and closed the book, his hand on his forehead. "What, is knowing what a cervix is universal or something? Never mind, I'll look it up later."

He jumped at the muffled scream that came from her and realized that though the contractions were fake, they wouldn't just suddenly stop just because they found out what they were. Kevin turned towards her and laced their hands, rubbing her tummy like the yoga classes told him to do. "Do you need a pillow or tea or something?" He asked with a concerned face.
Back to top Go down
Peggy Carter
Admin
Peggy Carter

a little problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: a little problem   a little problem Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 8:19 pm

Xia breathed through another contraction, this one a little less painful than the others. "Just stay here with me." She ordered, deciding that she didn't want to be left alone with all of this pain. "Try to distract me, we could talk about baby names."

ooc:short
Back to top Go down
Daddy
Daddy

a little problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: a little problem   a little problem Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 10:45 am

"Will do." Kevin nodded. He had no plans of leaving Xia's side, now or ever in that matter. He'd sit here all day if he had to. "Right. Baby names...I was thinking about Qiu Ling since you're due in autumn. Or maybe Su, or something Korean like Hana." Hana meant "one", which was great for an only child. Then Kevin realized that he had only named girl names. Well, hopefully Xia didn't notice. "...What do you think?"
Back to top Go down
Peggy Carter
Admin
Peggy Carter

a little problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: a little problem   a little problem Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 4:25 pm

"I like Hana, it works for an American name too. That's what I was looking at. It's first language will be English, as long as one of the elders don't steal him or her and teach them Chinese instead. I have Ellie, Julie and Lila. They work for both Chinese and English. For boys I have Ben, Lee and Sam." She thought about Kevin's name ideas for a moment before a thought came to mind. "Wait. What are your ideas for boys names?"
Back to top Go down
Daddy
Daddy

a little problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: a little problem   a little problem Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:39 pm

Kevin chuckled; he loved the elders even though they weren't fully happy that he was a male fortune teller. They were still hilarious. "Oh! I like Ellie. Definitely Ellie." He was happy that their child would have an American name like him. Kevin tried not to look guilty as she began to name boy names, then tried not to sweat when he asked the one question he didn't want her to ask in that moment. "I...didn't think of any...For some reason."
Back to top Go down
Peggy Carter
Admin
Peggy Carter

a little problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: a little problem   a little problem Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 7:53 pm

Xia sighed, finally catching on to what was happening. "Kevin, are we expecting a girl?" She asked. There was no point in trying to keep it a surprise now. Then again she had thought the surprise would be ruined a long time ago. So it was nice to know that she had gone six months. Truthfully it was kind of nice to know. They could prepare accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Daddy
Daddy

a little problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: a little problem   a little problem Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 9:18 am

Kevin wasn't very good at keeping secrets, or keeping cool under pressure for that matter. Let's rephrase that. He wasn't very good at keeping cool under his wife's pressure. He couldn't lie to her, okay? "...Yes. I'm sorry, I've tried to keep it a secret for as long as possible." He looked at her belly instead of her face. "Are your contractions getting any better?"
Back to top Go down
Peggy Carter
Admin
Peggy Carter

a little problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: a little problem   a little problem Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 10:09 pm

"Yeah, yeah, I think they're almost over." Xia smiled softly at her husband, "Thanks for sticking with me." God that whole situation had been a nightmare.  She was nowhere near ready to have this kid. It was still kind of hard to imagine that there was a little baby in there. Like an actual human being with a brain and stuff. It was kinda gross, but also kinda cool. Soon enough it wouldn't be just Xia and Kevin, it would Xia, Kevin and their daughter.
Back to top Go down
Daddy
Daddy

a little problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: a little problem   a little problem Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 8:26 am

"Good, good." Kevin smiled back at her. He moved onto the couch beside her and draped an arm along the back of it, his hand on her stomach still. Was he ready to be a father? That was a trick question: he didn't think anybody was technically ready to become a parent. He was prepared, and excited, and maybe even a little bit scared. There was going to be a tiny version of him and Xia running around within three more months. "Of course, Xia. If you need anything else, just tell me and I'll get it." He said as he kissed her forehead.
Back to top Go down
Peggy Carter
Admin
Peggy Carter

a little problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: a little problem   a little problem Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 2:00 pm

Xia rested her head on Kevin's shoulder, "I guess I should start reading those parenting books now." She leaned forward and picked one off the top of the stack. "What are we even going to do with these after the kid is born? Its not like there's a market for these things here." She returned to original position and started flipping through the book. God she had a lot of reading to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

a little problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: a little problem   a little problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a little problem
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Related Legends Unite :: Camp Dynasty :: Chinatown :: Main Street-
Jump to: